Flight Nannies / Hand Delivery
Flight nannies, also known as pet flight escorts or pet travel companions, are individuals who accompany pets, including puppies, during air travel to ensure their safety and well-being. They provide assistance and care throughout the journey, making it less stressful for the animals and helping them reach their destination safely.
Here's how flight nannies typically work:
1. Pre-Flight Preparation:
- The flight nanny coordinates with the pet owner to gather all necessary information, including flight details, destination, and any specific requirements.
- They may also assist with paperwork, such as health certificates, vaccination records, and import/export documentation.
2. Comfort and Safety:
- Before the journey, the flight nanny ensures that the puppies are appropriately prepared, including providing comfortable carriers or crates.
- They may offer familiar items, such as blankets or toys, to help the puppies feel secure during the trip.
- The flight nanny ensures that the puppies are well-fed, hydrated, and have access to any necessary medications.
3. Airport Assistance:
- Upon arrival at the airport, the flight nanny takes responsibility for the puppies, handling the check-in process and ensuring compliance with airline regulations.
- They coordinate with airline staff and security personnel to ensure a smooth transition through the airport.
4. In-Flight Care:
- During the flight, the flight nanny remains with the puppies in the cabin, providing constant supervision and attention.
- They monitor the puppies' comfort, help them stay calm, and attend to any needs that may arise.
5. Arrival and Handover:
- Upon arrival at the destination airport, the flight nanny ensures the puppies are safely retrieved and cleared through customs if necessary.
- They may coordinate with the new owners or designated individuals for a smooth handover of the puppies.
Flight nannies are experienced in handling pet travel logistics, understanding airline regulations, and ensuring the well-being of the animals in their care. They play a vital role in providing a stress-free and safe travel experience for puppies and their owners.